Saturday, September 6, 2008

One Dog's Search for Peace

So for anyone that hasn't heard my raves about the book "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson, it truly is a book that everyone should read. I had the opportunity to hear Greg talk on Friday when he was the key note speaker for the Freshman class of 2012 at Fairfield University. While not a great speaker, the message is so clear--78 schools promoting peace in Afghanistan and Pakistan have done so much more for international politics than the bombs we have dropped over there. A strong point that he made as well was that 5,000 copies were ordered for our men and women in the military that were to be deployed to the region. Those that went came back with the same clear message--we need to get education to region to prevent the bloody battles there that have happened in the past. If people like Greg don't do the educating, the Taliban does. If you haven't read it, let me know and I would love to purchase it for you as an early holiday gift:-)

Now off my high horse, I offer these pictures of Mog at peace to foster the feeling with you:-)


No comments: