Sunday, October 25, 2009

The long awaited updated post

So yes, I am aware it has been like a million years since I last updated the blog. I was so proud of being on top of at least doing it every weekend...then my computer crashed. Well, actually, the sound stopped working, the desktop crashed and many programs didn't work. We ordered a new one from HP only to have it pronounced "DOA" (dead on arrival) by a very nice man somewhere in India. The first one shipped back and the second one arrived. I went along my merry way for about 48 hours before I got the blue screen of death--total wipe out of the operating system along with the few documents that I had been working on in that short time. That HP went back and now I am back on my "clunker"--no sound, no graphics, essentially a dinosaur. It is a Dell, however, and seems to take a lickin and keeps on tickin, so I think I am going to explore getting a new Dell.



With all of that said, October has been a very busy month for the Smith Family! After Bennett's baptism, we have had several weeks of new activities. Some major milestones from Mr. Bennett:

1. Bennett has discovered his feet and they are his new favorite friends. He likes to hold them all the way up to his face all the time. Not just touch them, pull them all the way up and stare at them and sometime gum them up. It is all very lovely that he has friends, but I am thinking we need more social time with other kids...

2. Bennett has become very good at the sitting--he can sit unassisted for a good long bit. We knew it was coming shortly after the baptism when he decided that he hated the Bumbo now (see previous post "We Love the Bumbo") and made every attempt to escape. He would twist his entire body to get out of it and definitely could not be left in the Bumbo as a seat--he simply would get away!

3. When on the belly, he is bringing his knees up under him while plowing his head into the floor, then pushing way up high with his arms and flailing his feet behind him. After doing this for some time, he becomes extremely upset that he can't move and totally deteriorates...we are certainly going to be in trouble once he figures it out!



Today we did a photo shoot with Dad, so those pics will come in the near future...for now I thought I would just get some news out but photos are promised soon!

No comments: